Question for the gurus ... On the pre-Huck brake AD 1-ton single-real wheel axles (3804 truck), I went to the NAPA web site and for the original '49 3800 axle, SKF (seal manufacturer) lists kits for the HO52 and HO72 axles. I'm guessing the HO52 axle is the single rear wheel and HO72 is the dual rear wheel axle. Is that true? What I'm really asking -- which seal kit should I order for the a '49 3804?

Grigg -- If you read this, I can't remember which axle is which of the two I have on the shelf here ... blush One of them is Handsome's original and the other is a '54, ja?


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)