John, I just looked in the Timken catalog and got pinion seal 411330N for 46-59 HO52 and HO72.
For wheel seal, I got #2081 for all years, including the 72-present 14 bolt axle.
That's interesting -- So it's the same part for both axles? That's good to know.
This can get confusing as we are going to do the pumpkin swap at Homecoming and document it for a Tech Tip. We are removing the original center section of the '49 1-ton axle (pumpkin,ring and pinion gear) and replacing it with the center section from a '72 3/4-ton axle to get the 4:11 gears. So I am having to keep parts straight for a '72 3/4-ton Pinion Seal and the '49 wheel seals. I'm hoping the bearings are all good as I don't relish the idea of tearing into the ring gear assembly ... although it would make a more complete tech tip ...
Thanks for all the info and helping me keep straight.
Grigg, I'll get pictures. And then I will tag the axles. I'm trying to remember where this other one came from ...
