I have two carts. One is the cab dolly and I made a platform with wheels, then put a pedestal on top of that to emulate the cab mounting. I can set it on the floor for most work, but also on the firewall and even tilted to a firewall/roof combo so I can get to the underside areas better.

The other cart is in my bolt bucket and is configurable to put a bed on, fenders, hoods, panels, you name it depending on the attachments. I even put the front and rear ends on it to work on them.

I also made a frame rotisserie that has raise/lower, rotates 360 degrees and rolls nicely. Made the bulk of that out of modified engine stands.

Other than those things, tables that put things at a comfortable working height are nice to have.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet