| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,180 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 114 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 114 | I installed Dolphin gauges in my 1961 Chevy C10. I am using the original fuel tank behind the seat (and the original sending unit).
My Dolphin Fuel gauge reads about a half a tank of fuel when the tank is full. I called Dolphin tech help line.
I was told my original sending unit is a 0-30 OHM unit. And the Dolphin gauge needs a 0-90 OHM sending unit.
So I need a sending unit that will fit my tank which will also work with this Dolphin gauge.
I was told that GM used 0-90 OHM sending units from 1964 trucks and after. I am not sure if my source is accurate with this information.
Can anyone verify if all I need to do is find a sending unit from a 1964 and after? In other-words, what sending unit will work for my original gas tank AND work with my new Dolphin gauge?
Thanks in advance, Brian | | |
| |
| |