It actually had taller tires (7.50-17 tube type) to begin with, so I effectively increased the gearing in my case. And yes, they were just really poor tires; bald, about a decade old, and had sat in the sun. They didn't really seem to rub that hard, IIRC. You could also just use shorter tires in the front like I do; the 245/75r16's don't show any signs of rubbing.

If you know you current tire size I could tell you what the gain in speed would be; I'm not sure what the diameter/revs per mile for the 15" tires would be. What rear gearing do you have? Both my trucks have 4.10's someone put in them; yours might also have them, considering someone added the big 292 at some point.

Really nice truck, by the way!



Some of my crap:
1963 C-30 flatbed dually 292/SM420
1965 C-10 LWB fleet 250/column shift 3 speed
1965 C-30 9' stepside 250/SM420/4.10 gears (my DD)

Website I made for my crap:
http://www.66submarine.com