Carl, "...Why need more?" ...does sound like a bad remark, sorry. Did not see it that way, just meant it as a wonder why you would need more (a rhetorical question). You are absolutely correct about tube not good til about 15MPH. The 59's did have vacuum wipers. Electric, I believe, was an option. I have a stock 59 with vac wipers. The thread I linked is about a 58 with vac wipers and a hollow bolt. I PM'ed him to see if he ever figured it out. The 58 manual talks about vac wipers and that hollow bolt but the wording associated with it is "crossover hose" and "check valve assy". Hard to understand what they mean by crossover hose, wish they would have said crankcase vent or pressure relief or ? My apologies again. I started to feel the same way about
"Isn't there a cardboard tube on the high beam bulb to prevent that light leakage?" to my silly suggestion, but I know you and took it correctly. Maybe the cardboard tube is crumpled, shifted, leaking light, missing...