| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,179 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 57 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 57 | Kept getting a whiff of burnt rubber when I shut her down. Got under it and I see that the front motor mount has basically lost its shape and bulged into the harmonic balancer's orbit. I beileve the technical term is "smooshed." So shopping around, (easy, right?) I see a lot of motor mounts for sale listed as "front" and "rear" in pairs. I have a pair back by the bellhousing, and one in the front. Don't know if my truck had a 6 or an 8 to start life. I can see threaded holes drilled in the lower block about 1/3 back, but nothing to match on the frame. My front mount is bolted to a heavy, curved piece of metal that extends forward of the crossmember. Was this a mod that I should find a way to undo, or do I just need to keep shopping? '61 C20 235CID 3 spd saginaw | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Engine mounts 235 in 61 C20
| Nomad02 | 03/19/2014 2:47 PM | |
| |
| |