| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, classicfins, 37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, 1946chevytruck, CandoBrent, 1 invisible),
80
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,661 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 | I think I put about 3.5 gal in a 30 gal garbage can with a tight fitting lid (Keeps the stench down till you take stuff out), so thats about 9:1 which is what I'd read most often. Yep the whole enchilada all at once for a week. Took it out and hosed it off, got the screws out (almost all anyway) and put the pieces back for another week or more. The copper come clean quicker than the metal.
The Motor? Like I said I haven't taken the motor apart yet but I'd bet it works as it sits if I gave it the juice. I rinsed the crap out of it spinning the squirrel cage with the hose and generally abused it, then set it out to dry for a day or four.
I'll let ya'll know when I tear into it and what I find.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
| | |
| |
| |