| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
148
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,182 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 27 | ***UPDATE*** I went to my FLAPS and bought the 7/16x20 wheel studs that I THOUGHT I needed. Everywhere I looked, and everyone I asked said the same thing. Found the Dorman 610-025 and it looked to be right...LOOKED to be.
I pulled my axle. Using my caliper/micrometer, I eyeballed the diameter of the knurled/serrated shoulder of the wheel studs in my axle and it showed to be about .600-.620 ish... Then I measured my brand new ones and the measured .556 at the shoulder. Trolled thru about three more FLAPS's and can NOT find the proper wheel stud with the 5/8-ish serrated shoulder.
*scratching head*
What to do now? Question #1 is, Why do all the different 'authorities' tell me that I need one particular bolt, when mine is completely different. I guess there is some possibility that a previous owner swapped axles on my old truck, but knowing what I know about the truck, and the meticulous records that have travelled with the truck, and been handed down to me, I think it is highly unlikely that the axles were changed.
So do y'all have any input/ideas on this situation? One thought is that I could change all the studs on both sides of the truck.
Will get actuall existing stud measurements tomorrow once I get them pressed out...
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit If you think quitting nicotine is hard, try quitting CANCER! Quit 10/18/2012
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
'50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| KINGLONESTAR | 03/05/2014 5:37 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Hotrod Lincoln | 03/05/2014 7:20 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Steve_H | 03/05/2014 7:25 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Whitelightning | 03/05/2014 8:47 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| DADS50 | 03/05/2014 8:53 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Steve_H | 03/06/2014 7:13 AM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Curt B. | 03/06/2014 1:56 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| KINGLONESTAR | 03/06/2014 4:20 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Hotrod Lincoln | 03/06/2014 5:32 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| KINGLONESTAR | 03/15/2014 11:23 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| KINGLONESTAR | 03/17/2014 12:46 AM | |
| |
| |