| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 27 | Bad news...was driving around the other night after my first car show and started hearing a rythmic growling noise coming from the rear of the truck. I pulled over in the first parking lot I came to and got out. I pulled off the center cap on the left rear tire and 2 of the lugnuts came off with it. The 4 remaining were about to come off too. Save your, "well who was the dumba$$ who left 'em loose?!" questions/comments. I tightened everything w/ an impact, AND a torque bar, but I digress.
Now, I have a ruined wheel (no biggie because I have a spare and I'm getting all new anyway) and 6 ruined lug bolts (posts).
How do I replace these lug bolts? I have looked in the shop manual and can't find anything. I've never had to do this before and could use some direction.
If I am pulling the hub to replace the lug bolts anyway, what other things do I need to inspect, repair, replace or give attention to while I'm in there?
If I'm doing one side, should I do the other side at the same time?
Chime in with your direction and advice. Thanks, KINGLONESTAR
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit If you think quitting nicotine is hard, try quitting CANCER! Quit 10/18/2012
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
'50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| KINGLONESTAR | 03/05/2014 5:37 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Hotrod Lincoln | 03/05/2014 7:20 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Steve_H | 03/05/2014 7:25 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Whitelightning | 03/05/2014 8:47 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| DADS50 | 03/05/2014 8:53 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Steve_H | 03/06/2014 7:13 AM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Curt B. | 03/06/2014 1:56 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| KINGLONESTAR | 03/06/2014 4:20 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| Hotrod Lincoln | 03/06/2014 5:32 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| KINGLONESTAR | 03/15/2014 11:23 PM |
Re: '50, 3100 Rear Wheel Studs
| KINGLONESTAR | 03/17/2014 12:46 AM | |
| |
| |