Thanks Ron,
The frame is not an X frame. There is a tubular cross member in front of the engine and the engine mounts to brackets on the frame on each side. Looks like some mods were made to the engine mount brackets (with a cutting torch) to accommodate the mounts for the 350 engine. There are also mounts on each side of the bell housing.
I don't know what year the PS pump and gear box are. These came in a kit that was with the truck when it was purchased. Kit includes mounting brackets for the gearbox, PS pump and the hydraulic hoses. I am aware that the later year gearboxes changed to metric fittings, etc. There is a bracket riveted to the frame that the current manual steering gear is bolted to. It looks to me like this bracket will have to be removed to accommodate the new PS steering gear.
The truck does not belong to me, it belongs to a friend of mine and I am helping him (I am the mechanic). Just a little on my background; although I don't turn wrenches for a living any more, I spent a number of years as a line mechanic in dealerships (Chevy for one) and independent garages (specialized in automatic trans repair/rebuilding). I still do most of the work on my own vehicles.