Mine developed a leak at the pinion seal after I cleaned it up.
Who manufactured these axles and what model are they? It is a full floating axle with removable third member and bolt on pinion/pinion support. It looks similar to sterling axles I have seen but I have also seen mention of an Eaton on these boards?
I need a new pinion seal and pinion nut (I'm assuming they are torque to yeld?). Any leads for me on seal part numbers?
Also, does the pinion use shims or a crush sleeve to set pinion bearing pre-load? And what torque does the new nut need? I'm assuming this axle is like every other that I have worked on (ford 9", dana 44, dana 60, 14-bolt) when it comes to replacing the pinion seal.
1-remove drivehaft
2-remove pinion nut
3-remove yoke
4-pry out old seal
5-install new seal
6-install yoke
7-install new pinion nut, torque to recommended spec and/or reading bearing pre-load with torque wrentch
8-install drivehaft
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!