George, flattery will get you everywhere. Thanks for the compliments. I had hoped to meet you in KC in 09. At my age(81)I have found that memory is the first thing to go so maybe we did meet and I have forgotten. I built my sub as a driver and I am still in love with it. Looks stock and drives great. Hang in there on your project. When finished all the setbacks, disappointments and money spent will be forgotten.
I am going to see if I can recognize where the original clamshell hinges were mounted when spring comes. If it ever does come. Seems like this winter is NEVER going to end.
My build took me from 03 to 08 and it seems like I hit the wall a dozen times so stick with it and the last thing to do will eventually show up. then get in it,find a 2 lane road and CRUISE Best regards George.
Weeds