| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,426 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2022 Posts: 10 'Bolter | Grandpa Bob's truck. My wife's grandfather leased this truck new for his plumbing business. He had a utility box put on one side for pipe fittings, and hooks on the other side for 20' pipes. He also used an 11' camper on the truck and put a sliding bumper on to protect the camper. When he retired I tried to buy the truck, but he wasn't ready. A yr. later I bought for $1ooo.oo. We camper in it with our son using an 8' camper for yrs. When we put an 11' camper on it couldn't handle it coz the old truck was just to worn out so I retired it. Now yrs. later I'm fixing it up finally. It's a survivor, C20 long bed, step side with a stock 283 cid, and 4 speed with granny low. The question is am I the 2nd or 3rd owner coz it was leased new? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,413 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,413 | I would say you are the 2nd owner. Btw: Great score.  Thanks for posting in our Gallery. John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 1,456 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 1,456 | Rigs with family history are the best!
BC 1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc 1949 GMC 250 project in waiting 1960 C60 pasture art Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022 | | | | | Joined: Mar 2019 Posts: 1,003 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2019 Posts: 1,003 | Agreed. 2nd owner. Nice truck and the 1 side utility box is neat also. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2022 Posts: 10 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2022 Posts: 10 | The one side utility box is handy, but ruins the look of the truck. I have another fender, but then the paint isn't right. So for now it stays a survivor. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,413 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,413 | I actually like the way it looks. It's very unique. I've never seen another with a utility box on only one side. You could swap out the entire bed and save the original in case you wanted to put it back the way your wife's grandfather had it.
Very cool truck either way.
John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | |
| |
| |