1952 Chevy Pick-up ... "Papas52"
Thought it time for an update on my 1952 Chevrolet PU. First is the original post from 2008.
“PAPA’S 52”
Owned by Pete Black
Cullman, Alabama
18 July 2008
# 2384
From Pete :
Here is my 1952 Chevy Pickup truck. I have owned this truck since 1996 when I pulled it out of a barn in Cullman, Alabama. It had been stored (off and on) in the enclosed barn under a cover for the past 17 years.
The truck was used on a small farm that produced sweet potatoes. It could hold 40 bushels and delivered them to Birmingham, Alabama.
I purchased the truck from the original owner’s son. It had approximately 96k miles at that time. It was equipped with jumbo mudders, white buggy wheels, roll and tuck seat covers, shag carpet and a big modern radio stuck in the dash.
A fresh battery and gas and the engine cranked up but ran ragged due to some stuck valves. When I left with the truck, the owner furnished the appropriate tires, rims and hubcaps. He even had the factory mounted spare tire (gum coated Firestone). The factory steel painted hubcaps were replaced with the stainless steel ones due to a missing painted steel one.
As the photo shows, the factory Forester Green paint came to life after several coats of hand rubbed wax. The truck is near totally stock as from the factory except for the outside mirrors and new seat covers.
I was able to locate a radio from a 1947 GMC that fit the hole in the dash nicely.
The engine, now with 108k miles, continues to run extremely well and uses a very limited amount of oil.
Although not a daily driver, I do drive it quite often and it sure turns a head in a parade. Although not named, I and family refer to it as “PAPA’S 52.”
28 May 2021
As the song goes "Times Marches On". Retired in 2010 and relocated back to home town of Tuscumbia, Al. Of course I brought the wife, the dog and the truck with me. Truck still runs good with about 114k miles on the odometer. I believe the motor has never had any serious work done on it. The only thing I have done to it in the past 25 years of owner ship is those items required for maintenance. Although kept in an enclosed garage the paint is showing more of it's age, even with annual paste wax applied. Did I mention, this is the factory applied paint. Here are a few pics of how it looks currently. Photo in front of brick home is from 2008.
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/16/2022 7:47 PM. Reason: additional photos