Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,157 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | I just removed the motor from my '48 Loadmaster and I need to repair some damaged wiring in the engine compartment. I know Jim Carter and others sell replacement original " wire with cotton braided covering" for about $1.00 a foot. Are there any other options anyone knows about? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 |
- Lonnie My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt. OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | For patching the harness in my truck, I've done two things.
One, cut the section out and replace it with cotton wire ripped out of other old cars. For this, stealing the wires out of an old dash is great, as they are often in great shape, hot rodders are always throwing this stuff away.
Two, patch it with plasti-dip, or liquid electrical tape. I find that the stovebolt wiring always seems to have brittle or cracked insulation at the fender terminal blocks. After cleaning the contact points, I coat the last few inched of insulation with the goo. If you are neat, it doesn't look out of place. Well, if you use black!
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 |
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | Thanks for the great resources for new wire Tiny, and Kurt! Christopher great idea I don't know why I never considered that before! Funny you should mention the fender wire, this is exactly what I am fixing! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | Liquid electrical tape keeps me on the road! | | |
| |