| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
191
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | I have installed a new wiring harness on my '48 4400 loadmaster 6v. So far everything is working as it should with the exception of the gas gauge. It worked fine with the previous wiring, but now when the ignition is turned on the gauge pegs to Full. I know the tank is not even a quarter the way full. The harness I used is for 50-52 trucks but I am unaware of any changes to the wiring of the fuel gauge. When the sending unit goes bad does it read full or empty? I currently have the gauge disconnected at the ignition switch, to avoid damaging it. Any ideas? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | If the gauge pegs full, that is almost good news.
Most likely the gauge is good; and, most likely your ground at the sender in the fuel tank is bad (or, the sender in the tank is bad). First, try running a lead from a body/frame-ground to a sender-to-fuel-tank attachment screw.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | Thanks Tim, somewhere along the way the ground from the sending unit to frame broke or fell off! I made up a new ground cable and Voila, my fuel gauge works again! I was assuming the gauge or sending unit was bad, and was not even looking for a ground. Thanks again for pointing it out!
| | |
| |
| |