| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,294 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 | The base has been cleaned, rocker drains inspected (OK), WD-40 sprayed in the plug holes (before the base went back on), got fire to the "new" plugs, and gas squirting in the rebuilt carb. Any advice for "other" before we try to start. I've got a week before Josh comes home for that major event. We did spin the engine a few turns with the starter after we got the new oil in - testing plug fire. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Do you know how to turn the oil pump with the distributor out? A long screw-driver drill bit on an electric drill will work. I use a distributor that has the cam-gear removed.
This would allow you to work the pump to make sure you have oil flow to the rocker arms. It also gets oil onto bearings before cranking the engine.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 444 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 444 | Farmone,
May I suggest, get the cam coder out and document this event on video. Many here at stovebolt would enjoy seeing the video of the first start in ( 33 ) years. You could post it on you tube and then post a link to it here at stovebolt. Have good lighting, so I suggest a practice video. Just my 2 cents.
George in New Jersey | | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 | Thanks. I really like that idea. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 | Great suggestion - we will for sure. You'd probably like the video of him opening the garage door, not knowing what was behind it - yes, camera was on. We'd have to bleeb a couple words! He's been wanting an old truck since he was about 15 - will be 22 on 12/12/13. Did you catch that....he was 21 on 12/12/12! He's a neet kids; we love him to pieces, and it was pure pleasure to give it to him. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 988 | Farmone ahh to be 22 again! I share his birthdate of 12/12. I am a wee bit older, lol. I know I would like to see that video too.
Oh and Welcome to the Bolt!
Brian Moore 1949 3100 5 window Deluxe "Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow" | | |
| |
| |