The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Woodcmiami, MRMEROTH11, Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 129 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,121
Posts1,056,328
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#980144 10/21/2013 4:40 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
Can't seem to locate a water pump for my 57 gmc Suburban, can anyone help me out? Thanks.


53 Chevy 210 convertible; 55 GMC pickup; 57 GMC Suburban Carryall
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
You have to rebuild it....


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
okay, who does that?


53 Chevy 210 convertible; 55 GMC pickup; 57 GMC Suburban Carryall
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
Originally Posted by CASO
You have to rebuild it....
no you dont. first thing you need to know is gmc has three different pulley widths. you need to know what the width of the generator or crank pully is first. 3/8",5/8", or 7/8". the part number is different between them.
7/8ths pulley: Airtex P/N AW36W or Master P/N #CP36W

5/8ths pulley:Airtex P/N AW36N or MAster P/N CP36N

3/8ths pulley:Airtex P/N AW530 or Master P/N #CP530

i have gotten mine at jim carters and at advanced auto. i still have a new one in the box. they are all new airtex pumps. they are not cheap either.

if your not far from hilton n.y. go over to the napa and ask for doug. he has a 57-59 gmc with 270 he put together. he can get you what you are looking for.

Last edited by 51 ashton; 10/22/2013 2:59 PM.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
I sent mine off for a rebuild = $127.00

I wish I'd bought an Airtex. = $75.00-$90.00

frown

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
If you have the 3/8" grove pulley I should have the pump you need. 1-262-392-2989 or [email protected]

Marv.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0