The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (46 Texaco, Otto Skorzeny, 50Chevy3100), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#978431 10/13/2013 10:17 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
I've got a failed oil pressure gauge in my 55.1, so I've got to work on the cluster anyway. I thought I re-ask a question from a few years back. I'm looking for a 4-5K tach and a 80-100 mph speedo for my truck. I currently have an older Autometer suite with a 8K tach and a 160 mph speedo. This just seems ludicrous in my stock truck with a 235. Has anyone seen any recently with more rational ranges? I'm hoping some of the newer ones with changeable faceplates might also have adjustable ranges.

regards,
Leon

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Here's one method I've started but not completed (need more time in the day, and year too for that matter).
https://picasaweb.google.com/118082...lectronic?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Using the original speedometer housing and adapting new VDO movements to it. I have started on the 85 mph speedometer and will also do a 4,000 rpm tachometer.
I chose VDO movements because they're very easy to setup and program. For example the tachometer I used will work with an alternator signal or a signal from the flywheel ring gear (diesel application). Most other brands sell different tachometers depending on what signal you'll use, but VDO is sort of an all in one deal, and easy to program and calibrate. The speedometer will also use nearly any sort of electronic speedometer signal, and I have a sender in my transmission already so that's easy.
The VDO gauges I have are also easy to adapt to the original housing and the odometer and or hour meter fit within the inner circle of the original gauge face.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
Check out this link. http://www.speedhut.com

They have tons of options, plus you can order with custom colors and fonts. With a GPS Speedo, there is no need for cables, gears, etc...

Last edited by Whitedog; 10/15/2013 6:48 PM.

1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0