| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,131 Posts1,056,369 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | I have read thru a lot of the archives concerning timing, I just thought I would ask before I try to start up my newly rebuilt '48 235 in my 1.5ton. With #1 at TDC turn the flywheel until the triangle and pointer are aligned. Not: With #1 at TDC turn the flywheel until the BB/ball and pointer are aligned. Before installing the distributer. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 | Triangle is to set cam shaft. BB is for distributor. I would use the BB. after it starts use a vacuum gauge. Please add a zinc additive to break in the new cam and lifters. Shouls start just fine.
Steve H
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | Thanks Steve, I do have an additive, and I plan on using a vacuum gauge after it is started. | | |
| |
| |