The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Woodcmiami, JW51, Robert Crandall, 1 invisible), 91 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,086
Posts1,056,335
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
Springfield Ohio Swap Meet and Car Show

Coming up May 24-26

Anybody planning on going this year? I may try and get over there on Sat. 25th

Ed

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
I plan on heading over on Friday or Saturday, only a 5 min drive for me

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
I will be there saturday in my 37

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
I may try and go Sat. Jeff, are you showing your 37 or just driving?


Ed

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
I always park in the show area since its very close to the swapmeet and dont have to park in the spectator lot.

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
I need to fly down and drive that little red 37 back to Texass to show it off


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
Joker,

You know you always have a place to stay if you come this way.

Ed

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
Some guys from the HAMB were talking about having a area to park in the show area and if it materializes that is where I will be parked.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
let me know. I will stop in and visit.

Ed

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
thanks Ed


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
Did anyone attend the swapmeet in Springfield,I drove the 37 there.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
I went twice today, in the am by myself to look for new rear end and other goodies. Took the wife and my 5 yr old back in afternoon to check the cars and trucks.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
Went briefly on Sunday, a lot of the vendors were already packing up and heading out. but I did get to see a few nice cars and some oddly modified ones :-)
Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you guys.

Ed

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
5
Moderated
Moderated
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Hey everyone,

New Bolter here......northeast ohio region. Picked up a 1959 chevy 32 step-side big window. any other swap meets around other than springfield? how about summer shows?

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
59woj, welcome aboard, Good guys is coming up in July at the Ohio State Fair grounds, you will probably find a lot of small shows in your area as well.

I have not looked to see what other events are happening in Ohio this year yet.

Ed

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2
Hudson Oh
39GMC Drive every day in summer, Pics in gallery

Tom








tlb900gx
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
Hi Tom,

I will have to look up Hudson and see where you are located.

Ed

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
Hey fellas... 1954 Chevy stepside shortbed here in Marysville, Oh

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
Hi GMJager,

Marysville is not that far away, maybe we can visit sometime, I would lover to see your truck.
My 46 1/2 ton is still in pieces bu hope to have ti ready for the paint shop this year.

Ed

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
I think its time for a get togather at a park or car show.

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
Where are you at Ed?

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
That would be fun

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
A
Moderated
Moderated
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Hello from akron ohio , 1955 2nd series gmc

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
Welcome

ed

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
Hey CMJager,

I just noticed you asked my location. I live in Dublin, Oh. Just off of Sawmill road.

Sorry for the late reply

Ed

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by Ed Blouch
Hey CMJager,

I just noticed you asked my location. I live in Dublin, Oh. Just off of Sawmill road.

Sorry for the late reply

Ed

Very cool! I'm not far at all from you! Between Ostrander and Marysville (east of Marysville). I drive by Dublin every day for work (Grove City)

Graham

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
I ride my bike out towards Ostrander at least a couple times a month.

We are going to have to get together sometime.

Ed

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 25
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Brunswick, Ohio here.. Came to Ohio 7 years ago from NYC.

Now that I have a '51 Panels I just need to find someone local with some solid body parts out here. I'm not a fan of ordering stuff online.. I want it NOW!

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 20
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 20
Keith, try Mill Supply, Inc. they stock lots of stuff
Mill Supply, Inc.

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by peytonmaterne
Anyone close to stark auto wrecking in miamisburg?
Late reply but yes. I live 20 minutes away and work about a mile from them. They have a HUGE '56 Jimmy with V8, another with a six, '56 half-ton shortbed,, two '57 half-ton longbeds, a '58 3/4 ton panel, and a '59 3/4 ton stepside. Tons of AD trucks, mostly really big girls. Some later trucks but not much. Again, mostly the heavy haulers. Fun place to explore (winter is best because there's less growth and NO spiders).


265 V8... Not too fast, but a bunch of fun.
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 9
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 9
Bolter from Kent, Ohio givin a shout out! I got a 1957 Chevy 6500 dually with a 261 in it. She runs and is ready to show her patina off at some cruise ins this Summer! Pics coming soon!

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
OlCoow1957

It's a late response but glad to hear from anther o
Ohio resident.

Ed

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 137
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 137
Read the shout out: West of Cincinnati, edge of Harrison, Ohio. Just acquired a 41' half ton. Have thoroughly enjoyed being a Bolter.
Farmone

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
We really do need to figure out how to get together this summer so all the Ohio folks can meet.

Ed

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 110
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 110
One of the Springfield swaps would make a good meet spot. Unfortunately my truck still won't be road worthy.


1959 Shortbed stepside 1/2 ton project
[Linked Image from i236.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from i236.photobucket.com]
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
My two year project is into it's sixth year so I wouldn't worry too much about not having a truck when we meet. I think a Springfield meet up would be fun.

Ed

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
E
New Guy
New Guy
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
whats up fellas?? mike from suffield here. dont have a running stovebolt yet but key word is yet! inline 6's are my preference. lookin to put a 250 in an 84 s10 and yes it will be a squeeze! but the 2.8 thats currently in it has me pretty motivated lol.. im extremely interested in engines and have an excellent understanding for them and enjoy learning more about em more than i enjoy most things on this earth so expect to see me in the engine section!

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 9
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 9
Hey mike, I am from around suffield too. I do agree we need to meet up but I do not know if my bolt will make it to Springfield but I know my Silverado will and we can still have fun. I know my bolt could make it to the Canfield swap meet for sure though.

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 26
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 26
Hello all, Larry in Madison oh. working on and driving a 51 chevy panel.

Last edited by lardog63; 03/16/2014 12:55 PM.

1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton Panel
"The X-Green Bay Packers Party Wagon"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Just livin' the dream
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
I am a couple of months late but hi guys, glad to hear from you. The shows are about to start so we will all have to meet at one of them.

Ed

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1954 MI, Leo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0