The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (2-Ton, rfs56trk, J Lucas, Pete O, Barry Martak), 84 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,489
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Doing adjustable drag link upgrade to my 1950, 3100 as per tech tips. Pitman arm and steering arm holes are not tapered so the recommended FLAPS ball joints won't fit and I don't want to use heat and weld the holes to ream the taper. They also seem to be the wrong diameters, (Pitman = 5/8", steering arm = 3/4" which is opposite of what I've read)
Any reason I should not press fit a steel sleeve into the holes and bore out to fit either straight shank tie rod ends, ('55 - '57 Chevy car tie rod ends seem right?) or if I can get the correct reamer, ream a taper for the tapered ball joints I now have?
Thanks,
Tim Q

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
Look at my post in the tie rod end thread.



1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Curt, it looks like you have the degree of taper reversed for the part numbers?
"the short pc. (Napa#269-2078 aka Moog#ES-403R) has a 10 degree included taper" and " the longer one has the more common 7.15 degree taper"
I get the opposite when using an online taper calculator and NAPA's dimensions.
Thanks
Tim


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0