| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,230 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 | Hello everyone, does anyone know how to remove the lock cylinder fron the T Handel on the upper clam shell door of a 48 chevy suburban. I need to remove it before I send it off to get re-chromed.
Thank you
Scott
Chevytruckdaddy
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 | Ok I figured it out, there is a small set pin on the end of the shaft that needs removed. Once the set pin is removed used the key to pull the cylinder out.
Chevytruckdaddy
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | Pictures please. I have a few of these that I am going to get chromed too. Is there numbers stamped on the cylinder to show you what key is used? Thanks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 201 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 201 | Does anyone have a spare latch that the T handle goes in? I need one for my 48 suburban.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 | On a similar note, I need to re-key my rear door lock. All the locksets I see for sale are 4 unit sets (2 front doors, ignition and glove box). I'd like to have matching locks on all the doors. I've yet to see a replacement cylinder for the clam shell door. Anybody got a line of one??
Thanks
Larry
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | On a similar note, I need to re-key my rear door lock. All the locksets I see for sale are 4 unit sets (2 front doors, ignition and glove box). I'd like to have matching locks on all the doors. I've yet to see a replacement cylinder for the clam shell door. Anybody got a line of one?? Take the rear door lock to a locksmith with your ignition/front door key and he will re-key it to match. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 | GMONIZ;
Okay. That is an option I hadn't considered. Now I just have to find a capable locksmith....
Thanks
Larry
| | |
| |
| |