| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,354 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 163 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 163 | I know about the grinding. That was not a problem. Obviously the front and back hole fit on the alignment stud or bolt. What about the other end of each header? Does the tab just rest on the bolt or is some kind of up or down adjustment necessary so the ports line up? Thanks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 166 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 166 | I believe mine are resting on the bolts. The top of the headers are flush with the top of the ports on the head on all. Hope that helps! Darren | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | did you grind the headers or the little tabs? The little tabs are a whole lot cheaper. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 166 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 166 | I ground the little tabs and added a washer or two here and there. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 163 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 163 | I guess "tabs" was the wrong word. I am talking about the flanges. Mine rest on the bolts but the tops of the header are not flush with the tops of the head ports. I may have to adjust the headers up. It may not be that critical given the size of the ports. Any thoughts? Thanks | | |
| |
| |