Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,340 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | Springfield Ohio Swap Meet and Car Show
Coming up May 24-26
Anybody planning on going this year? I may try and get over there on Sat. 25th
Ed | | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 3 | I plan on heading over on Friday or Saturday, only a 5 min drive for me | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | I will be there saturday in my 37 | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | I may try and go Sat. Jeff, are you showing your 37 or just driving?
Ed | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | I always park in the show area since its very close to the swapmeet and dont have to park in the spectator lot. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | I need to fly down and drive that little red 37 back to Texass to show it off Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | Joker,
You know you always have a place to stay if you come this way.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | Some guys from the HAMB were talking about having a area to park in the show area and if it materializes that is where I will be parked. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | let me know. I will stop in and visit.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | Did anyone attend the swapmeet in Springfield,I drove the 37 there. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 3 | I went twice today, in the am by myself to look for new rear end and other goodies. Took the wife and my 5 yr old back in afternoon to check the cars and trucks. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | Went briefly on Sunday, a lot of the vendors were already packing up and heading out. but I did get to see a few nice cars and some oddly modified ones :-) Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you guys.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 2 | Hey everyone,
New Bolter here......northeast ohio region. Picked up a 1959 chevy 32 step-side big window. any other swap meets around other than springfield? how about summer shows? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | 59woj, welcome aboard, Good guys is coming up in July at the Ohio State Fair grounds, you will probably find a lot of small shows in your area as well.
I have not looked to see what other events are happening in Ohio this year yet.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2 | Hudson Oh 39GMC Drive every day in summer, Pics in gallery
Tom
tlb900gx
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | Hi Tom,
I will have to look up Hudson and see where you are located.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 | Hey fellas... 1954 Chevy stepside shortbed here in Marysville, Oh | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | Hi GMJager,
Marysville is not that far away, maybe we can visit sometime, I would lover to see your truck. My 46 1/2 ton is still in pieces bu hope to have ti ready for the paint shop this year.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | I think its time for a get togather at a park or car show. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 1 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 1 | Hello from akron ohio , 1955 2nd series gmc | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | Hey CMJager,
I just noticed you asked my location. I live in Dublin, Oh. Just off of Sawmill road.
Sorry for the late reply
Ed | | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 | Hey CMJager,
I just noticed you asked my location. I live in Dublin, Oh. Just off of Sawmill road.
Sorry for the late reply
Ed Very cool! I'm not far at all from you! Between Ostrander and Marysville (east of Marysville). I drive by Dublin every day for work (Grove City) Graham | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | I ride my bike out towards Ostrander at least a couple times a month.
We are going to have to get together sometime.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 25 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 25 | Brunswick, Ohio here.. Came to Ohio 7 years ago from NYC.
Now that I have a '51 Panels I just need to find someone local with some solid body parts out here. I'm not a fan of ordering stuff online.. I want it NOW! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 20 | Keith, try Mill Supply, Inc. they stock lots of stuff Mill Supply, Inc. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 6 | Anyone close to stark auto wrecking in miamisburg? Late reply but yes. I live 20 minutes away and work about a mile from them. They have a HUGE '56 Jimmy with V8, another with a six, '56 half-ton shortbed,, two '57 half-ton longbeds, a '58 3/4 ton panel, and a '59 3/4 ton stepside. Tons of AD trucks, mostly really big girls. Some later trucks but not much. Again, mostly the heavy haulers. Fun place to explore (winter is best because there's less growth and NO spiders).
265 V8... Not too fast, but a bunch of fun.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 9 | Bolter from Kent, Ohio givin a shout out! I got a 1957 Chevy 6500 dually with a 261 in it. She runs and is ready to show her patina off at some cruise ins this Summer! Pics coming soon! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | OlCoow1957
It's a late response but glad to hear from anther o Ohio resident.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 | Read the shout out: West of Cincinnati, edge of Harrison, Ohio. Just acquired a 41' half ton. Have thoroughly enjoyed being a Bolter. Farmone | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | We really do need to figure out how to get together this summer so all the Ohio folks can meet.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 110 | One of the Springfield swaps would make a good meet spot. Unfortunately my truck still won't be road worthy.
1959 Shortbed stepside 1/2 ton project ![[Linked Image from i236.photobucket.com]](http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/olddaze/Chevy%20truck%20project/photobucket-4342-1325944221019.jpg) | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | My two year project is into it's sixth year so I wouldn't worry too much about not having a truck when we meet. I think a Springfield meet up would be fun.
Ed | | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 7 | whats up fellas?? mike from suffield here. dont have a running stovebolt yet but key word is yet! inline 6's are my preference. lookin to put a 250 in an 84 s10 and yes it will be a squeeze! but the 2.8 thats currently in it has me pretty motivated lol.. im extremely interested in engines and have an excellent understanding for them and enjoy learning more about em more than i enjoy most things on this earth so expect to see me in the engine section! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 9 | Hey mike, I am from around suffield too. I do agree we need to meet up but I do not know if my bolt will make it to Springfield but I know my Silverado will and we can still have fun. I know my bolt could make it to the Canfield swap meet for sure though. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 26 | Hello all, Larry in Madison oh. working on and driving a 51 chevy panel.
Last edited by lardog63; 03/16/2014 12:55 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | I am a couple of months late but hi guys, glad to hear from you. The shows are about to start so we will all have to meet at one of them.
Ed | | |
| |