| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,243 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2011 Posts: 266 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2011 Posts: 266 | I'm building a 51 3100. The engine is an ls-1. I purchased the fuel tank that goes underneath the bed. My question is what fuel pump for the FI/LS-1.I'm being told that the tank needs a baffle and sump? My tank has neither. What are my options? I know the AERO makes a pump/baffle combo for about $600.00. it requires cutting a hole in the tank to put this in. outside of cutting a whole what else?
Last edited by Project_area_51; 04/17/2013 7:50 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Sounds like a lot of $$$ for a fuel pump ? Have a look at www.tanksinc.comThey have a number of setups that might work. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | Probably should have thread moved to the HiPo section. You'll get more response there. I know that modern fuel injection systems have a need for a special fuel pump and tank along with return lines. I'd research the requirements first and then see what it takes to make your tank work or if it would be more cost effective to get a different tank. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | It's probably more cost-effective to get a tank meant for injection. You'll be best to do some research via google or talk to the guys on http://ls1tech.com/forums/ and see what they have to say. | | |
| |
| |