Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
112
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,380 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Well I finally found something that HF sells that's probably worth the money and that I dint have to rework when I got it home. It's a fairly well made small detatchable soft face hammer. Got a brass face on one side and nylon on the other and if you have a small bench lathe you can make different or new faces for it very easily. http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/149654029 Only $6, that's less than a lunch meal at McDonalds, right? I can see where this will come in handy on the bench when working on a carb or instruments or any other small job that requires a light nudge. Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Denny, What is the HF part number of that hammer. Here is another, perhaps smaller, hammer from HF. With the 20% coupon that is readily available, I'd buy two (for spare tips/faces). | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Yeah I've seen them and for four bucks it wouldn't hurt to have a few, one for the bench in the basement, one for the bench in the barn and a spare in the hammer drawer of the tool box. (I like to cover all the bases you know!) Dad left me in his tools, a little tiny ball peen hammer which I use but it doesn't have a soft face. PN: 98285 Like I said, it's pretty well made for what it is and for the price.
And, a man can't have to many tools. Denny G
DG
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 461 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 461 | And, a man can't have to many tools. Denny G
DG Denny, If they put that on a bumper sticker, I'd buy it. Well said & true. Would look good over the workbench too! Hank
Last edited by Hankdogg; 04/14/2013 12:46 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | That's probably where I stole it from in the first place Hank. Been subscribing to it for years. DG
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | I think the design is good. I wonder how long at will last. Of course it could be kind of like the old timers used to say about an old tire with boots showing, "It will probably run a long time in the spare rack." | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 334 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 334 | In the early 70's I bought a hammer just like Denny's picture, but not from Harbor Freight, to use in my watch and jewelry repair work. I love it, and it's still holding up great - I've never even had to replace the brass or nylon head on it. Denny, if it's as good as mine, it'll last you till you're 100 or more. Samantha | | |
| |