The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Woodcmiami), 86 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#931510 03/29/2013 9:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 95
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 95
I've got a new glass and rubber seal for the center rear window. The rubber is just a straight length.

Question, should you put the rubber on the glass and trim the ends so the it is snug on the glass OR put the rubber in the cab window opening and cut to fit?

I put the rubber into the cab opening, trimmed the ends to fit in the opening but when I put it on the glass it was still too large and the rubber would not stay on the glass.

Any advice appreciated.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Here is jockbolters flickr page

...click...

Hope it helps



Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
I just finished installing mine. I fit the rubber to the truck and made sure it was all the way over the edge then fit the glass into the opening using plenty of glass cleaner for lubericant. Once the glass was in I used the spray bottle again and and worked the lock strip in with a plastic putty knife. I know there is a tool for this but the knife worked pretty good. Side windows are next, they look tough. Make sure the lock strip is to the outside.


If you never tell a lie, you never need to remember what you said.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 95
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 95
Thanks for the information. Got the rear glass in with no problems.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0