| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 45 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 45 | I've looked at the repair manual on line and still have questions in reference to my huge front fender gaps. I have a big gap between the cowl and fender and hood and fender on each side. The hood bumpers don't even come close to doing their job by about 3x. I need to move my fender inward at least another 1/2 - 3/4 inch and cant figure out what the problem is. I trimmed the spacer off the rear top fender holes where they go into the rounded area of the cowl, loosened / removed all the bolts across the top and cannot get the fenders in any farther. The fenders are even with the doors but I realize I can adjust the doors in a little too if I have to. My next step is to remove the fenders completely and see if perhaps a P/O has repaired the inner cowls etc and they are now too thick?? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 | a photo's worth a thousand words... and it sounds like you know the proper next step already. Strip it down and KNOW what you have under neath. I'm always leery when "I have to" trim something that is made to fit already. Somethings not right... but then you knew that. Post some pic's.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | yes, pull it apart and find the problem, might be the inner fender mounting causing it - BUT the fenders should actually be slightly proud of the doors, so the door edge doesn't snag the fender on opening, and you certainly can't adjust the doors in 1/2" and still get them to close Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | The hood is wedge shaped, do you have it to far back? Pulling it forward will close the hood to fender gag. Are all of the parts original to that truck or are some replacements? Mike B 
Last edited by Mike B; 03/27/2013 6:09 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 45 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 45 | That is a great idea and will help quite a bit I think. As far as I can tell the truck has it's original metal reworked by the P/O. I will give it a try and report back. | | |
| |
| |