The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51), 130 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,267
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#927115 03/13/2013 9:20 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 14
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 14
I posted this over at Inliners and received only 1 reply which did not answer my question. Also after I posted I found an item regarding the Tremec TR-3450 which is a replacement for the NV3500 in later model 1/2 ton Chevy pickups which would also apply to my question.
NV3500 with a 292 cu in

I am planning on a manual transmission behind a 292 in my 1952 3100 truck. I planned on using the various recommendations that I have re-searched for combining a NWC T5 from a Camaro and the tail shaft from a S10 that appears to be a common build and recommendation to move the shifter forward preventing it from interfering with a bench seat. I have found a NV3500 from a V6 S10 that would place the shifter in the correct location but the only thing I see different is that it has an electronic speedometer and an integrated hydraulic throw out bearing. Every thing else would appear to fit. They also used these units in full size 1500 pickups with the V6 and 4.8l V8s with “granny 1st gear”. In my area the cost for the NV3500 is about the same as 2 T5’s needed for the conversion. I would appreciate any comments and or recommendations on using the NV3500 in my application. Thanks


Joined: May 2008
Posts: 14
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 14
I posted this but for some reason it did not post. I posted this over at Inliners but 1 response did not answer my question.
NV3500 with a 292 cu in

I am planning on a manual transmission behind a 292 in my 1952 3100 truck. I planned on using the various recommendations that I have re-searched for combining a NWC T5 from a Camaro and the tail shaft from a S10 that appears to be a common build and recommendation to move the shifter forward preventing it from interfering with a bench seat. I have found a NV3500 from a V6 S10 that would place the shifter in the correct location but the only thing I see different is that it has an electronic speedometer and an integrated hydraulic throw out bearing. Every thing else would appear to fit. They also used these units in full size 1500 pickups with the V6 and 4.8l V8s with “granny 1st gear”. In my area the cost for the NV3500 is about the same as 2 T5’s needed for the conversion. I would appreciate any comments and or recommendations on using the NV3500 in my application. Thanks


Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
Gab - you must be pasting your text in from elsewhere? change the drop down at lower left to "Using HTML and UBBCode" and see if that'll work

Originally Posted by Gabbyp
I posted this over at Inliners and received only 1 reply which did not answer my question. Also after I posted I found an item regarding the Tremec TR-3450 which is a replacement for the NV3500 in later model 1/2 ton Chevy pickups which would also apply to my question.
NV3500 with a 292 cu in

I am planning on a manual transmission behind a 292 in my 1952 3100 truck. I planned on using the various recommendations that I have re-searched for combining a NWC T5 from a Camaro and the tail shaft from a S10 that appears to be a common build and recommendation to move the shifter forward preventing it from interfering with a bench seat. I have found a NV3500 from a V6 S10 that would place the shifter in the correct location but the only thing I see different is that it has an electronic speedometer and an integrated hydraulic throw out bearing. Every thing else would appear to fit. They also used these units in full size 1500 pickups with the V6 and 4.8l V8s with “granny 1st gear”. In my area the cost for the NV3500 is about the same as 2 T5’s needed for the conversion. I would appreciate any comments and or recommendations on using the NV3500 in my application. Thanks


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 14
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks Red. You displayed what I posted and on this reply the HTML and UBB code are enabled. I do not know what happened but on any other post I will make sure these are enabled.I had copied my question from my Word Document and pasted it. Thanks again

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
thot so, Word is a particular problem here, change the drop down any time you paste from Word or from another site around the web, straight typing in the text box it doesn't matter

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0