The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#916973 02/03/2013 5:30 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
I recently bought a chevy 250 engine to replace the 216 I have in my 216,can anyone tell me what I have to do or what I need to do to get this motor into my 46 1/2 ton, as far as motor mounts, bellhousing, water pump, and also am i going to have to use my transmission adapter plate to use my T-5 trans.?? any advice would be appreciated

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 56
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by hoozat
I recently bought a chevy 250 engine to replace the 216 I have in my 216,can anyone tell me what I have to do or what I need to do to get this motor into my 46 1/2 ton, as far as motor mounts, bellhousing, water pump, and also am i going to have to use my transmission adapter plate to use my T-5 trans.?? any advice would be appreciated

Subscribed, as I am doing the same swap into a '47 AD 1/2 ton. I have the stock 250 mounts that I'm going to make work, but I'm going to install a MII crossmember and front end kit from Speedway, so that part will be different. As far as the bellhousing, any Chevy L6, SBC or BBC bellhousing will work, as they all have the same bolt pattern. If your 250 doesn't already have the water pump, just get one at your local parts store, they're around $20-30. Also, the T-5 should bolt right up to the sbc type bell housing.


1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's
1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0