The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (49nut, moparguy, ndkid275, Barry Martak, tclederman, kades51, 1 invisible), 78 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,396
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#915440 01/28/2013 7:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 12
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 12
Hi, What is the best thing to do with a perfectly good 1929 Chevy gas tank that has been in a storage shed with no lid on it for the last 30-? years? I got most of the stuff out but rust and dust and can pressure wash what I can but do I need to coat it with something before use? I got a B JD with the same problem but it has a birds nest in it. I assume a good inline filter will be in order also but any other suggestions for my two messes? Thanks

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I used Red-Kote on my Suburban tank and am very satisfied with it.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
second on the Red-Kote, O'reilys had it 20$ qt when I stocked up.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0