The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (R&S 51 GMC, Wayne67vert, Peggy M, baldeagle, delky), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#905077 12/20/2012 5:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
I want to learn to tin knock, prep and paint my 52 3100. To o that i am going to buy an old fender and work on it as my laboratory.

I found a guy who has a few. What range of pricing is fair for rear fenders? Denis


Thanks Denis
Used to drive Subs, prefer old rides

1952 chevy 3100, 5 window
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
$1.99


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
If it's just to learn to tin knock, Go through the dumpster at the local body shop...

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
It's worth whatever you think it's worth. I've seen good ones advertised for $350-600, but it's whatever you want to pay. If they're beat up I wouldn't pay half that.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
I would think if they are decent shape, with a few dings, -maybe $ 250 / Pr. If they are rusted, go way lower depending on how bad.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
I bought a pair for $60 each here in Colorado last week. Some surface rust and needing a little patch panel work.


1946 Chevy pickup, 1948 Chevy suburban, 1950 Chevy pickup, 1952 GMC pickup, 1957 Chevy pickup, 1939 Chevy pickup
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Thanks All, I found one for $50 and it is only an hour from my house. I will pick it up today. The seller also has a collection of parts for AD Trucks so I am hoping to find some other trinkets.

My goal is to learn to do metal work, metal prep and painting. I have a decent garage and good collection of tools. A bit light on the body tools but will start collecting them soon. Denis


Thanks Denis
Used to drive Subs, prefer old rides

1952 chevy 3100, 5 window
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Picked up the fender, got it for $30, needs work but that is exactly what I wanted. Denis


Thanks Denis
Used to drive Subs, prefer old rides

1952 chevy 3100, 5 window
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Happy hammerin !


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0