| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 258 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 258 | Hey Guys
I was wondering if there is a tach-drive distributor I can use for a 261.
I was wanting to hook up a mechanical stewart warner tach. One of the old ones with round glass and 4.5k max rpm. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 258 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 258 | are these the correct ones? http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1326507,parttype,7108 | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Both the distributors shown there are standard 235/261 distributors, not a tach drive type.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 | The Corvette six cylinder had a tach drive distributor but is pricey I'm sure. I wonder if any of the big trucks had tachs in them?
Evan
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 258 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 258 | | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 |
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 | There used to be a Stewart Warner kit either with or without a shaft drive tach. We used them on our 261 equipped fire engines. All were an extension for the distributor shaft with another seal too. I'll bet there may still be something like that around. Try Jerry at the the Filling Station in Lebanon. OR. Normbc9 | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Every once in awhile I see an older style Mallory mechanical tach drive for inlines on ebay. Also pricey.
Drew
| | |
| |
| |