| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,337 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Brad recently posted some very interesting Chevrolet training slides from 1950. About 10 years ago, I started collecting Chevrolet dealer/salesmen training filmstrips (and associated) records. I have scanned the filmstrips and displayed them in a few formats, as slides and as movies that I made. A few of these have been displayed on my website, but I have never posted links here. Advance-Design for '49 : slides and slideshow Using the slides above, I put together a movie of the slides and the associated recording that came with the slides. Some of you might smile with fond remembrances if you ever sat through an old filmstrip in school with a scratchy old record that played a beep to trigger your teacher to manually forward the slide projector. Some of you might also remember the 1950's TV ads for Chevrolet, with a song by Dinah Shore (I added a few song tracks to jazz up the GM training-record tracks that I digitized). Advance-Design for '49 : movie - beware 12MB download. This is my favorite - 1954, of course. 1954 Ford Trucks - Fact, or Fiction? - slides and slideshow Movie version - BEWARE - 13MB download | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Ah Hah! So you've been hiding this info Tim. Just kidding. I love this kinda stuff. Thanks.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | The '49 movie describes many of the first major set of changes to Advance-Design trucks, and the '54 movies describes many of last major changes to Advance-Design trucks.
I did not clean-up the noise in the old recordings. Young people might not have heard what old LP records sounded like after they were played many time on cheap record players.
Besides being interesting, the slides posted above, and those posted by Brad and by others, contain original photographs, not artists interpretations/illustrations (B/W photos, unfortunately). These slides/photos still provide a lot of information about where accessories were installed and where paint transitions were made.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | Tim,
These were simply fantastic. I was distraught last night, when THE MAN kept me from viewing your site, but this morning, I tried again, and it worked!!
I love the comparisons with the Ford trucks, and their "boxy" appearance.
Thanks muchly for taking the time to host/post these for the rest of us.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 164 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 164 | Cool slide and movies. I dont have sound on my computer right now so will have to check these out later when I get my sound back.
Joe | | |
| |
| |