The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bill Hanlon, Phak1, GMCJammer51), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,681
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
I have a 1941 Chevy Truck I am working on.
My questions is what is the best way to remove the finished caps on the throttle, choke and light switch on the dash?I feel like I am going to break them off.

Thanks for any thoughts

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
I'm going to watch this post to see if anyone has ever taken then off in one piece.

Why do you want to take them off ??


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
I am replacing the head light switch and want to use the original dash cap on the light switch.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the knobs are press fit, you might be able to remove them by heating the shaft while pulling on them, but they won't necessarily end up being able to fit the replacement shaft - why not replace the knob?

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
I've been meaning to try this also. I replaced the choke cable in my '40 and the reproduction knob is not the same as the original. The original is longer/deeper.


1939 GMC AC-102 Long Bed 1/2-Ton
In the Legacy Stovebolt Gallery
More details in his DITY Bay

1940 Chevy WB Series 1.5-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0