| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 11 | I have a 1941 Chevy Truck I am working on. My questions is what is the best way to remove the finished caps on the throttle, choke and light switch on the dash?I feel like I am going to break them off.
Thanks for any thoughts | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | I'm going to watch this post to see if anyone has ever taken then off in one piece.
Why do you want to take them off ?? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 11 | I am replacing the head light switch and want to use the original dash cap on the light switch. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | the knobs are press fit, you might be able to remove them by heating the shaft while pulling on them, but they won't necessarily end up being able to fit the replacement shaft - why not replace the knob?Bill | | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 | I've been meaning to try this also. I replaced the choke cable in my '40 and the reproduction knob is not the same as the original. The original is longer/deeper. | | |
| |
| |