The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, cmayna, JW51, BC59, Forty9), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,092
Posts1,056,457
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#889367 10/14/2012 5:54 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Well the 98 2500 died coming out of Home Depot saturday morning. As you would know when I really needed it,on one of my largest tile jobs. Shop won,t be open again until Monday morning and I have to be on the job ready to start . So out comes the 58 apache. Loaded and ready for the 50 mile trip to the job in Atlanta freeway traffic. I think she will do just fine hauling tools and a few bags of setting material at about 60 mph.modern trucks are ok until they break down.

6571 #889370 10/14/2012 6:02 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
Hey man, that's cool. How 'bout some pics?

Kurt

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
I will take some of the daily events and post them on Monday after I get home.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
I saw your post on the festival Kurt, that was really nice. Does your burd have overdrive?

6571 #889381 10/14/2012 6:57 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
No overdrive - just the stock 4 speed SM420 tranny and the 411 rear end. No problem driving 60, although I prefer 55.

Kurt

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 436
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 436
And here I thought my truck was slow. I have a '62 C10 with the SM420 and 3.90's. I guess I'm a speed demon compared to your Apache. :-)


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0