| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
149
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 45 | This truck has been sitting for 30 years. It runs fine if I feed it fuel, but the pump is not "pumping".
Can it be rebuilt? Any chance of being gummed up, or should I just replace it? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | I'd be more worried about what is in the fuel tank. The old gas turns to varnish and can cause many problems like stuck valves. The suppliers do sell rebuild kits for the pumps but its cheaper to go to your local flaps and buy a replacement. They usually have it on the shelf. Until you get inside the tank to verify its condition I would recommend using a remote gas tank to get the truck running. Good Luck. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 45 | Thanks for the input Don.
I am actually running off an gas can right now due to not knowing the condition of the inside of the tank. | | |
| |
| |