The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, Barry Martak, Hawkman, stlcardinalsguy), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,414
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 19
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 19
Who out there has installed power windows in their A.D. truck? I am interested in putting some in my 50 GMC 1/2 ton panel, using the stock one piece glass setup currently installed in doors. Any experienced input would be appreciated!!

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
I have a 1950 1/2 ton and installed power windows with the one piece glass doors. I selected the window kit from Specialty Power Windows because of the stronger looking verticle track. I did have to cut into the door inner skin for this installation. The windows have been in for over 6 years and I haven't had one problem.


Joe
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 19
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 19
Joe - Thanks for the reply!! I bought a kit made by Electric-Life from A-1 in Calif. It seems sturdy enough, but they claimed it was a "bolt-it" installation. HA! I should have known better, and poor tech support from both the manufacturer and supplier afterwards, as well. I an able to use it, but had to do some cuttin to the inner shell (double wall metal, of course!!) but have one in almost and seems to work very well so far. They oughta be paying me for research and development, though!!!
How did you run the wires into the door?
Thanks in advance! Steve

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
Steve- I always get a kick out of the statement.."it's a bolt in" smile My kit from Specialty Power Windows required cutting too! I installed a power window kit similar to your in a friends 56 F-100 along with new wiring and fixing a bunch of other items. His power windows operated nice and smooth but his glass was a lot lighter too! I used the wide stainless steel flexiable tubes to pass the wire from the door to the door jam on his truck. Check with Specialty Power Windows for those stainless looms.

I used the contacts sold by Dakota Digital on my truck so now wires would show when the door was opened.


Joe
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I used a kit from LMC on my 63 GMC. It was time
consuming but it works slick & was very inex-
pesive.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0