The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, Still At It), 159 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#866882 07/15/2012 11:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Does anybody know if I can really use the same brake shoes, drums and wheel cylinders for a non-positraction on Spicer 45 in a `59 Apache?

All the parts places I've looked at say they use the same shoes. RockAuto says the wheel cylinders are different.

From the outside the drums don't look the same. The posi axle does have Bendix brake parts as most Dana/Spicer axles do.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I know you can use the Chevrolet (Eaton) shoes and wheel cylinders with the Spicer drums. I don't know about the park brake though. Spicer backing plate takes a unique cable which I could not find so I left off the park brake and fabricated plates to cover the holes.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0