| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (JW51),
151
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 257 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 257 | 1959 3100, 235 eningine 12V system
Hi. I don't like the coil that was provided with my Langon Distributor. The Langdon Coil does not have threaded posts on top that you could install a spade style connector on. It's more like a capital " T " style post. My spade connectors going to the coil don't stay on. My question is this. What style coil should I be asking for when I go to my local NAPA store. The clerk said I need to find out what year my disitributor is from. I believe the distributors Langon uses is from a 250 eninge????
Thanks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Have you asked Tom Langdon?
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 257 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 257 | That's the first thing I did. I called and they are on vacation till next week. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 | I just purchased one from Randy Rundle at 5th ave. Internet garage he stands by his products and he is hassle free.. I had the same problem with the Ford coil Tom supplies the twin leads would slip off. I have the threaded posts on my new coil with ring connectors and life is good. Give Randy a shout...a nice guy. SJB | | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 257 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 257 | Can you give me anymore info on your coil. Brand etc.... Thanks | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 | Sorry...I didn't even look at the number and I won't see the truck until next weekend. Have you tried the Electrical Forum some real sharp people and a lot of them run Langdons HEI which is based on a Chevy S-10 PU 1982-87. SJB | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 | I would use Ford terminals on my coil wires, apparently they don't fall off of Fords.
Evan
| | |
| |
| |