The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (walter74, WICruiser), 77 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
I'm about to re install the transmission tonight...

I took the clutch fork off in the cleaning process and removed the retainer clip to clean out the ball cavity.

I didn't pay attention to its orientation when I took it out, and while reading the Shop Manual I see a small blurb on it.

Note: Install retainer with high side up, away from bottom of the ball socket and with open end of retainer on the horizontal

Why can't the manual just say, "Open end facing up / or down"? I'm not sure what the "high side" is.

Can anyone clarify for me? Sounds trivial but if this impacts the horizontal positioning of the clutch fork, I'd rather not mess it up.

Thanks,
Mark

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
The clip should have a slight arch in it. Than you can see the "high side".


Drew
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
Well that's the clarity I was looking for! Thanks Drew!

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
Thanks Tim,

I had looked at the Truck Manual for 47-51 and the 54 version... no great pics like that one.

Never thought to look at the parts book.

Mark


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0