| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,325 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 5 | Hi everyone. I am new to stovebolt. Just started working on rebuilding my Grandfather's old 52 GMC Pickup.
Does anyone have a list of salvage yards for classic tuck parts in Austin TX? I googled it but there are a lot of places and can't easily tell what they have. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | welcome to the bolt, you might also check into the welcome center and let the whole world know you found the best site in the world... junk yards are like a good fishing hole......some are kept secret, lol...........not from Austin but they are rare around here..... you can also find a lot of parts from various vendors on our site... here is just one of them
Last edited by joker; 06/29/2012 6:04 PM.
Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 5 | haha good point. If I find something I'll be sure to post here. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | roger that, be sure to check out our vendors as mentioned in my post, I just edited so not sure if you noticed...good luck with your hunt, tell us more about your Jimmy...
my dad bought a new one in 49, I was only 8 then but remember it well Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | You may want to check out the savage yards on 71 by Bastrop.
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 5 | I will take a look. I called about 7 or 8 salvage yards in Austin and none of them had anything for 50's era trucks. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | mjrosas1 Another option is to look around Austin for some car clubs that cater to the truck crowd. They may know of a few yards that can help. IF it not large body parts ebay is a universal source for older parts.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 474 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 474 | What parts are you looking for? | | |
| |
| |