Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 |
Last edited by Lugnutz; 07/13/2012 4:27 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 1,456 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 1,456 | Looks real nice, good value. How soon will you be running it and also, did it still have that tag on it?
BC 1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc 1949 GMC 250 project in waiting 1960 C60 pasture art Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022 | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 403 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 403 | They also have new bushings for all the throttle shaft, choke shaft etc. stuff that you would never expect them to do. Looks very good Lugnutz
62Blue 62Chevy in progress You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach3" Paul F Crichmore (Test Pilot)
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Looks real nice, good value. How soon will you be running it and also, did it still have that tag on it? Yes, it was a good value, especially since they had repair parts available that don't come in a carb kit. It needed new lower butterfly screws. I plan to install it this weekend and try to get my 230ci running. Yes, the tag was still on the carb. I was lucky to find this truck which was essentially unmolested by the prior owners. I'm the third owner and last one had it since 1969. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Looks good and very good price. Maybe I missed it in a previous post, but could you post who the rebuilder is?
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Here's the link. Only thing I can say is that I have not installed the carb yet. Therefore I can't say anything about how it performs. Otherwise, it was good turnaround time and very professional. They called me when it was done and shipping was quick too. If they treat everyone like they treated me, I think they'll get plenty of business. Link. http://www.mpscarburetors.com/ | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 52 | Sounds like a good deal. I would also like to hear the results once you install it. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Well, my truck DID start for the first time right after I installed the carb. I think my timing is off, so I'll update things once I get that straight. I am using an electric fuel pump to run fuel from a gas can to the carb. My truck's tank isn't fit to use until I clean it. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 | I was wondering, when they test run the carb, is this a situation where you need to run it soon to keep the gaskets from drying out and shrinking, or is it good to set for some time until your ready to fire it up? Any idea? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | I was wondering, when they test run the carb, is this a situation where you need to run it soon to keep the gaskets from drying out and shrinking, or is it good to set for some time until your ready to fire it up? Any idea? Give them a call. I'm sure they will be happy to answer your question. As for me, I plan to start my truck every week to keep things running. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Just a note to say that the truck idles now. Brakes aren't done so I can't drive it. Carb seems to perform as it should. Happy Happy Happy! 
Last edited by Lugnutz; 07/13/2012 4:31 PM.
| | |
| |