The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (baldeagle, Shade Baby, 1 invisible), 94 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,336
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#862907 06/29/2012 3:10 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Hi everyone. I am new to stovebolt. Just started working on rebuilding my Grandfather's old 52 GMC Pickup.

Does anyone have a list of salvage yards for classic tuck parts in Austin TX? I googled it but there are a lot of places and can't easily tell what they have.


- Jeff

1952 GMC Pickup
www.facebook.com/1952GMCTruck
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
welcome to the bolt, you might also check into the welcome center and let the whole world know you found the best site in the world...

junk yards are like a good fishing hole......some are kept secret, lol...........not from Austin but they are rare around here.....

you can also find a lot of parts from various vendors on our site...
here is just one of them

Last edited by joker; 06/29/2012 6:04 PM.

Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
haha good point. If I find something I'll be sure to post here.


- Jeff

1952 GMC Pickup
www.facebook.com/1952GMCTruck
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
roger that, be sure to check out our vendors as mentioned in my post, I just edited so not sure if you noticed...good luck with your hunt, tell us more about your Jimmy...

my dad bought a new one in 49, I was only 8 then but remember it well


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
You may want to check out the savage yards on 71 by Bastrop.


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
I will take a look. I called about 7 or 8 salvage yards in Austin and none of them had anything for 50's era trucks.


- Jeff

1952 GMC Pickup
www.facebook.com/1952GMCTruck
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
mjrosas1
Another option is to look around Austin for some car clubs that cater to the truck crowd. They may know of a few yards that can help. IF it not large body parts ebay is a universal source for older parts.


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
What parts are you looking for?


Stovebolt Gallery
1952 Chevy 3100
1953 Chevy 4400
1965 Nova
Pics on Photobucket

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0