| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (2-Ton),
133
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,287 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 197 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 197 | I think you take the pitman arm off and slide the pitman arm shaft out the top with the cover, then take the large nut off the input and slide the worm and all out. Is this correct?
Also, am I correct in interpreting "chassis lube" as grease? That's what's in there now, want to make sure that's correct.
Some of my crap: 1963 C-30 flatbed dually 292/SM420 1965 C-10 LWB fleet 250/column shift 3 speed 1965 C-30 9' stepside 250/SM420/4.10 gears (my DD) Website I made for my crap: http://www.66submarine.com | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | You have it right. Have it in center when you pull the sector out. Dont disasemble the worm shaft unless absolutely nessesary. They actually use gear lube as a lube. If you replace the seals you can. If its going to leak I use a mixture of chassis grease & gear lube. A lot of guys use John Deere cornhead grease. It supposed to work real good. I will look into it next one I do. You can fill it through the center bolt hole. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 197 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 197 | Thanks, I'll probably go ahead and replace the seals and use 85-140 or something. I'll see if TSC has the cornhead grease if not.
Some of my crap: 1963 C-30 flatbed dually 292/SM420 1965 C-10 LWB fleet 250/column shift 3 speed 1965 C-30 9' stepside 250/SM420/4.10 gears (my DD) Website I made for my crap: http://www.66submarine.com | | |
| |
| |