The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14
My next task on my rig is to re-wire everything. Any of you folks know of any good kits that are simple yet retain good quality? Where do I start? Thanks in advance! :confused:


rje
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to stay fairly stock I used a kit from Chevy Duty. I think it was less than $100. I did it all on a saturday. The kit came with good instructions. Even if you wanted to add a lot of things all you would need to do run a wire to a fuse board. Some of the custom wiring kits are pricey.

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 81
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 81
Well, I used a kit from www.ezwiring.com it is a complete harness,dash,engine,headlight,tail etc. It does however upgrade you to the new style fuses. The nice thing is all the wires are labeled every six inches. So if you're stuck somewhere with an old flashlight you don't have to wonder if you're looking at an orange wire or a brown wire. It does cost 195.00.


If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.


1941 Pontiac business coupe
1947 Chev Coupe
1969 GTO ragtop
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 54
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 54


Yes, officer it's licensed.
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 198
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 198
I'm curious why I do not see many, if any, recommendations for painless wiring kits?


May the force be with you - SoloWookie
solowookie.com
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 96
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 96
I just put a painless universal 12 circuit in. My first complete rewire job. It was really nice. They were color coded, sectioned, numbered and labled. I had to cap off half a dozen such as 4x4 indicator,elect. choke, cooling fan, a/c compressor, ect. I took my time and went slow and when I turned it on everything worked. I called the tec. line once and they answered my question and faxed me a seperate diagram.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 92
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 92
SOLOWOOKIE

Saw your home page and your free project truck looks like a 1954 3100.Easy to tell if
its a 54 by one piece winshield and flat rails on the bed.Not a bad lookin truck. smile


Live every day to the fullest for tommorrow never comes!!!
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 198
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 198
thanks Alan... man I'm getting really anxious to start on it though! frown

the pictures must not be very clear cuz the front windows is a 2 piece, and I checked the VIN after I got it home. (I need to change that title on my alblum - thanks for reminding me)

the bed is not the orig. bed so you may be right on the years for that. some of the bed is in decent shape, and some if it is really hammered. when I get to that point I may try to find a replacement, but I have a LOOONG time until I have to worry about that.


May the force be with you - SoloWookie
solowookie.com
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Solo,

Are you trying to identify the year of the possible project truck shown on your website? If I am looking at the right pictures, it is a somewhere between 1947.5 and 1950 (the driver's side cowl-side vent - shown in pictures 2 & 5 - was on Advance Design trucks through 1950). The bed has the slanted top rails - shown in picture 1 - and thus is not a 1954 bed. Picture 6 shows tubular front shocks - first used in 1950. From where I'm sitting, the truck looks like a fairly nice, 1950 deluxe 5-window cab (well worth the selling price).

Do I have deja vu? Wasn't the year of that possible project truck the subject of a wide and sometimes serious discussion a few weeks ago? If so, forgive my intrusion.

Just in case you would like information on characteristics of various Advance Design years, this information on the Chevy Duty site might be helpful.
http://www.chevyduty.com/frame-truck-years.html

Best wishes,
Tim


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0