The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Tronman, Gray_Ghost), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,476
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#850768 05/11/2012 10:03 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 91
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 91
Hello all. The cab on my 1946 2-ton is rusted pretty bad on the lower-front/side (both sides) where the fenders bolt to the cab. I can weld new steel in but with all the dips and valleys in that area, a pre-stamped patch panel would be MUCH easier to weld in. Does anyone offer this panel?

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Yopu may wish to place this in the parts wanted section. I got a Belt Line patch that worked for me.
Harold


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,710
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,710
Dieseldude03, I just did this repair on my '38. It really wasn't that hard to shape the metal. However, I left out the raised area that shows between the fender and the door. I have posted photos of the process in my photobucket but here are a couple:
before

after


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 91
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 91
jim Carters sells patch panels inner and outer pieces,not cheap but fit well and saved alot of time.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0